Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Explanations

First: Didn't throw a pity party after all! Got to thinking that things COULD BE a lot worse. I'm gonna get better - albeit slowly - and why should I feel sorry for myself anyhoo? I'm safe in my home, have food to eat, pay my bills on time, home and car are paid for, and life is good!

Second: Touch lamp turning itself on mystery solved! Electrical circuit for heat pump is on same one with garage - utility light on outside of garage clicks off when heat pump turns on and touch lamp turns on when heat pump turns on! How to fix that, I have no idea, but now have touch lamp hooked to extension cord to another part of house and no more mysterious turning on of lamp. Gremlins begone!

Third: Not gonna worry about extranious problems over which I have no control! Been worried about Company D and the fact I can no longer serve (possibly for as long as six to eight months) as a viable member - laid that aside and feel better for it. Not gonna worry about family members any more - they've got their lives to live, as do I, and my influence ended when they moved out! And, surely not gonna worry about being alone anymore. Just gonna do my dead level best to live one day at a time and let what's gonna happen - happen!

Fourth: Excited about getting to meet the fair damsel who was rescued this past weekend. Also, excited about the turn my friend's life has taken. His happiness has made its way into my heart, which is powerful stuff!

Fifth and Final: My apologies to those of you who may have read my previous post for being such a wuss! I'm tougher than that - just forgot for a while, that's all.

2 Comments:

Blogger Wes said...

I too see the chances of me coming back soon going further and further into the future. You stay strong and kick that habit! Take care of number 1! When things get a little more stable around here I promise you will get to meet her.

11:09 AM PDT  
Blogger Dave said...

Hey we all have our down times... and I know anything health related can be a kick in the teeth no matter how happy, positive etc. you might be before it happens. Good on ya for recovering, and good luck quitting!! Hope things work out for you.

6:23 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home