Monday, July 11, 2005

Today's musings.

All is well! Storm lacked the punch required to do extensive damage in my area. Power outages south and east of me, but no problems here. Fell asleep last night listening to the wind blow!

Surfing the channels last night, I received quite an education. I was amazed to learn that tampons actually flower these days - imagine that! There's a "warming jelly" that's good to use as a body lotion. Oh my! Saw, for the first time, a condom advertisement!

I can remember the days when Elvis' pelvis couldn't be shown on television, married couples in sitcoms slept in twin beds, Lucy couldn't say the word "pregnant," housewives wore high heels while vacuuming the carpet, and rock and roll would be the "downfall of the world."

While enjoying my coffee this morning, I got to thinking about my first car. Why, I don't know. It was a 1946 Chevvie, bald tires, brakes were very iffy, broken shift lever, electrical wiring for horn and lights was messed up, paid $65.00 for it, and absolutely adored that car! Was so very proud to be the ONLY ONE who could toot the horn by touching a bare wire to the steering column! When I sold "Bevvie the Chevvie," I got $125.00 for her - and I had driven her for nearly two years! Does anyone else have fond memories of his/her first car? I'd love to hear from you about it.

5 Comments:

Blogger Erica Hanks said...

Glad you're safe!

9:09 AM PDT  
Blogger Joe said...

I brought a 65 Goat that had a six pack when I was seventeen. The first thing I did was to do was change the six pack to quads . Then I got the idea to hand sand it down and paint it candy apple red . See the problem was I brought spray cans and the guy behind the counter didn't say a word, well the paint job didn't go well at all . So back to primer it went. I learned a good lesson on that one....Joe

10:16 AM PDT  
Blogger Blueyes said...

Glad you got spared but another ones churning..

First car was an 89 Chevy Beretta (got totalled by an ex) that I bought, first car I had to drive around was an old Ford LTD that the cops sold that my father bought because they didnt need it anymore WITH pink colored window tinting mind you. Man was I embaressed :/

12:57 PM PDT  
Blogger Wes said...

My first vehicle was a 90 Jeep Cherokee 4 door 4x4.

I think having that as my first vehicle actually shaped who I am today. I know that sounds strange but true. I think I'll blog about this.

6:06 AM PDT  
Blogger Milt Bogs said...

Don't know whether your machine has realplayer installed. If it does you could drive over and feed the 50s jukebox. They're all free. Just click on the box that takes your fancy. They don't make records like that anymore!

7:26 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home