Thursday, July 14, 2005

Anyone got a cigarette?

To Superman: Your rantings are juvenile, to say the least, and offensive to boot. I would rather you not post on my site, and you may rest assured I won't visit yours again, ever!

Boy howdy, I feel better now! Got that off my mind! Hope I didn't hurt the dweeb's feelings - tried to be gentle! But, I didn't need to find a posting like his today - I'm in the process of cigarette withdrawal and not in a particularly good mood! Been 3 days now - going cold turkey without patches or gum or anything but will power. Felt myself weakening about two hours ago - if it hadn't been raining, I believe I would have driven to the country store down the road and bought a pack!

I've received lots of suggestions that are supposed to help prevent the urge to have a smoke: eat a peppermint, drink a glass of water, chew a hunk of gum, or drink a beer! Drink a beer? What's with that? All I want to know is this: what the heck do I do with my hands that have been used to lighting up, holding that wonderful smoke, etc.? Of course, it's not just my hands - my mouth is also involved. Can't eat or drink something each time I want a smoke or I'll become the equivalent of the Goodyear Blimp in rapid fashion!

Exercise, you say! Oh, baby, let me tell you. I walk every day, with Miss Freckles, and the first thing I want to do when I get back is light up! Walking isn't nearly as much fun now because there's no "reward" waiting!

I know, I know - you don't have to yell at me. I should never have started smoking lo those many years ago and I should have quit long ago! Just don't berate me any more, y'hear! I decided to smoke and I decided to quit. Leave it alone, now! If I choose to vent here, it's my blogsite and .....oh, the heck with it. Go ahead, yell at me if it will make you feel better. After all, that's what this site is all about - hopefully feeling better after blogging here!

3 Comments:

Blogger Mama Mouse said...

I never smoked so I can't offer first hand tips. However, I watched my mother, who smoked for about 70+ years of her life try to quit ... MANY times. And the one thing she complained about MOST was WHAT to do with her HANDS!

So she took up doodling! Stacks and stacks and STACKS of paper with doodles on them! Black and white ones when only a pencil was available. Fine line markers and lots of COLOR when markers were available. And even colored pencils at times.

It worked for her ... but she also had to chew those self same pens, markers and pencils while doodling because her 'chewer' had to be busy too.

Good luck!

9:03 PM PDT  
Blogger EKENYERENGOZI Michael Chima said...

You have met superman
he is a comic in can.

On smoking.

You can quit whenever you want to quit.
It is not by force.
I smoked once.
But since 23 years ago,I have forgotten the taste and the smell.

2:20 PM PDT  
Blogger Les Becker said...

Wow. Congratulations! (I once quit for a month - back when I was about 17...)

Whatever you do, just don't "start" again. If you slip, forget you slipped and JUST KEEP QUITTING.

I'm a big hypocrite for saying that, because I'm still smoking. Because I'm a chicken. I'm afraid to go through what you're going through.

I think Mama Mouse's mom had a good idea. Imagine the cool doodles you could doodle! And then scan! And then blog!

Good luck!

6:52 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home