Sunday, July 10, 2005

Can you hear my sigh of relief?

With things being like they are, I thought it best to delete my 2 previous posts. I'm kinda sorta in trouble and didn't want certain people to see what I'd written while upset. But, enjoyed the comments - nice to know someone else out there has same problems.

Been working on a long over-due design that hasn't been easy to work with. Finally have it done and am thinking about stitching it out. Hate to get started and have the power go out, though.

Stepped outside with Miss Freckles a few moments ago - wind is beginning to pick up and not another sound to be heard. No frogs croaking, no crickets cricketing, no birds chirping - nothing! More than slightly disconcerting to not hear any of these sounds. Living in the country as I do, one gets used to hearing the little critters and often don't even realize I'm listening to them. They know the weather is gonna get bad, I'm sure.

Have plenty of candles ready, battery-operated radio nearby, a good flashlight handy, and ran the dishwasher because wasn't sure when the power just might fail. Sometimes it isn't too much fun having an "all electric" home! Hope I will be able to brew some coffee for myself in the morning - gotta have coffee to get a jump start on the day.

We are being advised to not drive ANYWHERE between the hours of 6 p.m. tonight and noon tomorrow. Have no plans of leaving this house again for a while - unless it's a dire emergency. It's so peacefully quiet here - soaking it up like another skin! Of course, tomorrow I may begin complaining again about being lonesome. If I do, smite me severely about the head and shoulders with a 2 x 4, will ya?

2 Comments:

Blogger Milt Bogs said...

Hope the weather doesn't get too rough. I saw that it was supposed to be heading your way.

1:29 PM PDT  
Blogger Irishcoda said...

Hope you aren't affected by Dennis, hang in there!

5:31 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home