Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Completely bumfuzzled!

Went into my sewing room this morning to stitch out a design and the brass touch lamp I have mounted on the wall above my work area was ON! Now, I realize that at times my spaghetti has slud off my plate, but I distinctly remember touching the lamp last night to turn it OFF! As I closed the door, the room was in total darkness.

In order to turn the lamp ON or turn it OFF, one must TOUCH IT! Finding this lamp already glowing at its dimmest setting has happened a couple of times before today. With the hair standing at attention on the back of my neck, I once again found myself opening closet doors and looking under beds to seek out the culprit that is playing this mean trick on me. Not really sure what I would have done if I had found someone, you understand. Made me feel better, though, to realize there isn't anyone here except me and Miss Freckles!

But, it still doesn't explain how that durned lamp turned itself on! I have two other touch lamps strategically placed in my home - they don't have minds of their own and make attempts at switching themselves on to drive me nuts. (It really wouldn't be a very long drive, either!)

Have no explanation for this phenomenon - to me, it's bumfuzzling and very disconcerting. Whom do I contact about this? Or, should I just remain quiet about it (except here where nobody will ever read this)?

3 Comments:

Blogger heather said...

I had the same problem with a computer being mysteriously turned on and then files being deleted. Turned out that my rabbit was getting up on the desk at night and playing with the keyboard and mouse.

Heather
www.spiritblog.net

10:27 AM PDT  
Blogger Milt Bogs said...

You have changed your template. Maybe that's got something to do with it, but I fear it's more likely that you caught it twice with your hand as you left the room. The template is very tasteful.

12:23 PM PDT  
Blogger Sparkling said...

Or when there 'touch' setting is at maximum sensitivity, even a fly can turn it on.

3:25 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home