Saturday, February 18, 2006

Icy day and night in the South!

Today has been a fairly productive day for me. I've been running things all day! For example: the washer, the dryer, the dishwasher, the vacuum cleaner! I'm good at running things that don't take much thought or technical expertise!

I was supposed to meet with a very nice Latino lady this afternoon to help teach her to speak English. However, that didn't come to pass because as I was leaving in my "flivver," little ice pellets bounced happily off my windshield while I heard on the radio the temperature was right at the freezing point! Don't you know this old gal, cowardly lioness that I am, turned my vehicle around and high-tailed it back home. Got a small kittle made of corn chowder to keep my rattly old bones warm - as well as my belly full!

I've just become certified as a Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) Trainer. Attended three 8-hour classes last week, with a hands-on simulated disaster scenario wherein I assisted in the triage area. I'm now certified to teach the CERT program. I'm so very proud of myself because of all the "neat stuff" I've learned over the past couple of years. I can do triage, CPR, life-saving first aid, traffic control (you should see me out in the middle of the street directing traffic - it's a sight to behold!), learned how to properly use a fire extinguisher (actually put out a fire during the training exercise - that was too cool!), know how to determine whether or not a tornado is imminent, and in general, have been trained as a first responder in a time of disaster or an emergency. I hope to be able to serve my community well with my training.

With all I've got going on, for some strange reason I've been inordinately lonely lately. Although I have wonderful friends on whom I can count at any time, my family has finally realized I'm not as young as I used to be and they check up on me quite regularly, and I love my part-time job - I can't help but wish I had someone with whom I can share. Sometimes, I can't help but think "Being a widow sucks!" Terminology leaves much to be desired, but so does the fact that I'm a widow! My walk through what remains of my life would be so much more enjoyable with a caring and loving partner. But then, he would be next to impossible to find - and even if I wanted to look, I wouldn't know where to begin!!!!

Micky Finn has moaned a little bit!



1 Comments:

Blogger Patty said...

Sounds like you have been busy, busy, busy lately. Would you have time for a new friend? I'm sure there are some out there also wishing they could meet a nice lady to share their time and troubles with, but I wouldn't ahve the first idea wehre to find them.

A friend of mine that is catholic, met her's on line in a Catholic Chat room. Her husband had been dead for about a year, and I guess she was lonely, so she started surfing the net. Now how she really knew he was OK, I have no idea, but she remarried and apparently is very happy. Her first husband left her well off, so I just hope she kept everything of hers in her name. How well off he is I have no idea. In fact I have never met him yet.

Hang in there, when you least expect it, something will turn up.

12:41 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home