Friday, February 17, 2006

Not much of interest, but here I am anyway!

Special thanks to "Patty" for informing me about Mama's latest set back. I sure do miss her postings!

Dr. John, I got a big charge out of your message about snow! Know exactly from whence you came, as I was raised in Maine and know what it's like to not see the ground from October until April or May!

The snow about which I and Miss Freckles were so excited lasted until the next morning. Temps rose all through this week - yesterday it was 72 here. Would you like to know what the temperature is outside my door today? Well, I'm gonna tell you anyway! :::giggle::: Right now, at 2:17 p.m., it is 41 degrees. My area of the "Heart of Dixie" is on winter storm watch tonight and tomorrow. Hmm, what is wrong with my last statement? It, somehow, just doesn't compute!! Possible chance we will become iced in tonight and all day tomorrow, with low 30's, high 20's! I can't begin to imagine the crowds at our local Wal Mart SuperCenter today - betcha there's not a loaf of bread, a gallon of milk, or a slice of bologna to be had!

After getting off work yesterday, I went on a splurge. I bought a wireless keyboad (which I am using now) with a nice wrist extension on it. I absolutely love it. My other keyboard has been donated to a friend - good riddance, is what I say!

Is anyone else out there as crazy about the sequence of games by Broderbund called Myst as I am? I have all of the stages of it - got the original Myst solved and am now working on Riven. Well, to be honest, I've done a little peeking into all of the ensuing phases of the game to see what I can see, but will honestly attempt to solve Riven today and tomorrow. This type of "gaming" is about as risky as I get. All the shoot 'em up bang bangs don't interest me very much - I like games where I have to search for and find clues and then solve puzzles or challenges to take me closer to the end of the game. At present, I'm kinda sort stuck in Riven, but hope to be able to overcome when I have the time and fortitude to stay after it for a while!

With the wind coming at us from Alaska and points north and the chance of a bad-weather day tomorrow, the thought of a nice pot of chili or maybe corn chowder surely will assuage the chill.

Hope all is well with my cyberspace friends.

Mickey Finn has prattled!

1 Comments:

Blogger Patty said...

Good evening Mickey,
Not much new here in Ohio. Yesterday it was up to almost 60, today it has been windy and around 25 all day. Quite a change.

Chili or corn chowder both sound good. I plan on making a pot of chili for Sunday, that way Abe can eat while I am at work, I go in at 11 am and work till 5 pm, so I can piece on some lunch meat or cheese. Sometimes when slicing, it doesn't come off slicer quite right, so we lay it aside and eat it later. Seems a waste to throw it away.

Next week they only have me down for two afternoons, which is fine, I have worked three straight Sundays. And this week I worked two nights from 5-9pm. That shift has to clean up the kitchen area, a little harder work then just waiting on customers and slicing lunch meats and cheese.

I also have another blog at efx2, I use to be at ModBlog, but moved it, but I still have my Blogspot.

Take care, hope you have plenty of food items in case of an emergency. Have a wonderful week-end. I am crocheting, trying a new pattern, using two threads, and a double end hook, suppose to make item look reversible.

4:41 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home