Sunday, February 12, 2006

Snow? Not here, you say?

Don't believe it if you are told it NEVER snows in the Heart of Dixie! Yesterday afternoon this old Yankee gal (at heart) looked out the kitchen window to see that it was snowing! Oh joy!

After bundling up against the wind and cold, I stepped outside into a shower of swirling snow which was quickly turning my world white. Miss Freckles, in wild abandonment, couldn't focus on just one snowflake - so, she attempted to chase all of them! To compare her movements to that of a whirling dervish would not begin to describe the joy my precious dog displayed! Watching her apparent delight was quite contagious - I found myself trying to catch one of those wildly blowing flakes on my tongue!

I hooked the leash to Miss Freckles' collar and we took a walk in the woods where the beauty of the snow clinging to branches, blades of brown grass, and rocks at the creek was awe inspiring. While at the creek, the snowflakes appeared to be flirting with the flowing water before tumbling reluctantly into the stream.

This morning, my world is still white and very quiet and serene, although the accumulation of snow on the ground amounts to a dusting. We had a hard freeze in the area last night - requiring me to take measures to prevent water pipes from freezing. Today is supposed to be the coldest day of the season, with the temp not to go much above freezing! Next week, we've been promised temperatures in the 60's. Go figure.

Miss Freckles, when she went outside earlier for her morning ablutions, did not linger long. She didn't seem to like the feel of the frozen snow on her feet very much! Can't blame her - I wouldn't like it much, either!

I'm enjoying my second cup of coffee of the morning, watching the blizzard up north on television, and Miss Freckles is keeping my feet warm. Life is good!

Mickey Finn is content!

3 Comments:

Blogger Dr.John said...

Sure next week you get temperatures above freezing while we are stuck with the blasted, no longer beautiful, snow.

5:03 AM PST  
Blogger Patty said...

Good Evening Mickey,
We also had everything covered this morning when I finally got out of my recliner where I sleep. Looks pretty, but I wouldn't want to be out in it long.

Went to work by 11, when I came out at 5, all the snow, we only had a little, was gone.

By the way Mama Mouse is not well again. Her husband made an entry on her blog.

Take care, more later, glad you had a wonderful day.
Patty

4:09 PM PST  
Blogger Patty said...

Good afternoon,

It's now Wed. Feb. 15, sun was out earlier, but it has since clouded over. Although temp on my computer says it's still 54 outside. Hard to believe. Also heard by the week-end it's suppose to turn cold again. So what else is new.

Hope you and Miss Freckles have been ok.

1:14 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home