Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Happy Camper Tonight!

Isn't it wonderful when friends drop by to spend the day! Today sped by much too rapidly to suit me because there were so many stories still to hear and laughter to be shared. The walls of my home still echo with the chuckling, guffawing, and chortling that took place within them this day. My sides, belly, and face ache as a result of laughing so much today. What wonderful medicine for my soul!

Miss Freckles made some new friends today! She was an absolute delight to watch as she sniffed everyone over and quickly accepted them - especially when they offered her a treat or two! What a little minx she can be!

As my friends departed, I couldn't help but notice the beautiful sunset - all purples, oranges, pinks, and golds. The stark nakedness of the pecan trees stood out against the lovely panorama in all their rigid glory. I literally stood and stared in awe at the beauty of the western sky this evening, thinking what a glorious way to end a perfect day. My heart sang!

I received - for my birthday - a gift card at my favorite beauty shop for a cut, shampoo, and style! Going tomorrow , before going to work, to have my hair all froo frooed!!! Amy, the beautician who usually only sees me once a year (if I'm fortunate enough to have the funds to visit her for a "hair tuneup") has never failed to make me laugh when she yells as I enter the shop "We only repair them here, we don't build them!" A haircut and nice styling will continue uplifting my spirits - even if the weather is going to be quite cold and blustery! Having my hair done does for me what purchasing a new pair of shoes does for most females!!!

All is well in Mickey Finn's world!

3 Comments:

Blogger Mama Mouse said...

Well HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! What a wonderful day you had! Good friends, good laughter, good cheer ... a loving and funny pet ... a gorgeous sunset .... and the promise of a lovely froo froo doo!

Wow! People are so important ... they can make your heart sing!

10:18 PM PST  
Blogger Patty said...

Well did we miss your Birthday?? I don't remember seeing anything anyplace stating you were having one. If I'm late Happy Belated Birthday, if early HAPPY BIRTHDAY and many more.

Yes it's amazing what getting the hair done can do for a person. When my hair needs fixed I look in the mirror and feel bla, but when my hair is looking fairly good, and I have a little make-up on, even if the old body is hurting some, I still feel better when I look at myself.

Hope the weather won't be too bad for you to get out for the hair do. Have fun, you deserve a day of just that.

12:09 PM PST  
Blogger Milt Bogs said...

M_F I don't know what to say. I missed your illness, glad to hear you've recovered and now I've missed your birthday too. That's what happens when I get out of Bogsville for a few days.

Happy Birthday! Enjoy the 'tuneup'.

3:39 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home