Thursday, September 22, 2005

Unknown Friends

Been rather on the puny side for the past few days - and pain from my fractured pelvis was much more aggravating than usual, which kept me from sitting at my PC to post a blog. Feeling much better today, especially since reading Mama Mouse's posting a few minutes ago.

Seems that great minds DO run together! My offering today is kinda sorta an addendum to Mama's writing about there being four quadrants to her "tree of life" (my description, not hers), as well as to further my previous post.

This past week I've learned a very valuable lesson about some people I thought (or rather knew) absolutely could not stand the sight of me, much less want to have any thing to do with me. I've made many attempts to draw these persons out to ascertain what it was that I had done or said or hadn't done or said for them to show such dislike for me. Finally, I decided to leave the uncomfortable situation alone - in prayer, I turned it over to God to handle for me. Excellent choice for me to make!

Each individual I had worried and fretted about for months either called or spoke to me personally to apologize to me! They had been watching and listening to me more closely than I ever could have imagined. As a result and without my knowledge, they learned to respect and admire me and want to become a friend to me. I've shed many tears of absolute joy these past few days for what God accomplished toward this end.

I would have to add a 5th quadrant (read Mama Mouse's blog) to my tree. It would be the roots and branches of those who are my friends without my knowing. The example we set with our deeds always speak much more loudly than any words we could utter. Although I have always believed this to be true, it was blatantly brought to the forefront and truly touched my heart this week.

Earlier this week, when Hurricane Rita first reared her ugly head in the news, a lady I've never met phoned me from California to make sure I would be okay (she has purchased some of my embroidery designs)! A darling French girl whom I befriended when I was a foreign exchange student in Amsterdam in 1995 phoned me to make sure I would be able to make it through yet another disaster! My youngest son called me to inform me "You should be okay, Mum, as this storm is gonna miss you." My bestest friend in the world e-mailed me to make sure I would be alright. An old friend, whom I haven't seen in nearly 20 years, sent me a short note via snail mail to ask if there were anything he could do to help me in any way.

Friendship is like a silent and invisible ghost who hovers around us during good and bad times to envelope us with a hug, lift us up with kind words, lighten our burdens, and pave a smoother path on which we can travel. The wonder of friendship is not knowing from whence it may come!

1 Comments:

Blogger Mama Mouse said...

BRAVO!!! That is so wonderful! I'm so happy for you. Friendship and God can do so much to make our lives happy ... I'm glad you were so blessed! I'm adding an addendum to my blog about this post ... I think it is a FINE addition to mine!

Am off now to do it IF Blogger will let me. It has been giving me fits again tonight ... but if it does give me trouble, rest assured that as soon as possible I WILL get this posted!!

4:19 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home