Sunday, September 11, 2005

Mickey Finn's world is a little bit cleaner!

This old gal has been busy - one might say, for a change! Was invited to a Bridal Shower and I didn't have cash to purchase a gift, so... created a wedding bowl, digitized it, and stitched it out. Had to have it ready for yesterday, so my embroidery machine was steadily clattering away until 10:00 Friday night! Got up at 4:30 yesterday morning to finish stitching the six panels and the base and then sewed them all together - got done at 11:00 a.m. and the shower began at 2:00. Managed to arrive at the shower at 2:15 - not bad for an old gal who had lots of things to do to get ready like bathe, press something to wear, try to do something with this stuff I laughingly call hair, let Miss Freckles go outside for her mid-day stroll, etc., etc. The bride-to-be seemed pleased with my gift, but it was really hard to tell because she did receive a treasure trove of nice things.

When I got home, the bottom fell out and I literally crashed onto the couch and slept like the proverbial log until 7:30 this morning. Miss Freckles had been very patient with me, but it was kinda sorta funny to see her attempt to get outside with all four legs crossed!

From some unknown source, I all of a sudden had a burst of unnatural energy! I am not supposed to push the vaccuum cleaner around, but my chocolate carpet had a slight tint of grey to it as a result of Miss Freckles' continuous shedding. And, I just couldn't stand removing my fur socks before going to bed at night one more time! So, sat on the floor and used the hose with brush attachment and scooted along the floor vacuuming like an old char woman with a purpose. Got the sewing room, guest bathroom, guest room, and den vaccuumed and cleaned from top to bottom before the burst of energy began to wane. Imagine my surprise when I discovered the lovely 9 x 12 accent rug in the den actually turned into its original colors and the roses therein actually are showing! I love Miss Freckles, but never again will I have a long-haired shedding dog!!!

Guess I should mention what happened to the goofy looking three guys cited in an earlier post. Went to make my statement on Friday, but didn't have to do anything because all three of the horrid critters were wanted for fraud, identity theft, embezzlement, burglary, and a mish mosh of other charges in Georgia - they'd been sent off to answer to charges there! I didn't have to do a thing - but a very nice elderly gentleman (who you could tell wasn't quite sure how he'd gotten into such a fix) was lamenting that he had been taken for $750.00. All I can say is thank goodness for my Son of a Blogitch antennae!

It's good to have accomplished something - even if it's nothing more than having a few of the rooms sparkling again.

Don't hear from my very special friend much these days - he's so busy with a new job, attending night classes, and his fair damsel. I miss our conversations very much, but certainly do understand there are only so many hours in each day. If you happen to read this, Sir, know that you are constantly in my prayers and I hope all for which you strive is attained.

A few posts ago I stated I couldn't understand why anyone would be jealous of what someone else has, etc. I recently learned that a friend of mine is jealous of me - what a shock that was to me. I am definitely nobody to be jealous of, for sure! When I asked her why she's jealous of me, all she could say is "I just am." Hmm, I thought, what have I got or what does she perceive I've got that would cause her to be jealous of me. Have no idea, but can't help but further wonder if she is really a friend!

Hey Milt, thought you might like to know that all is well with Mickey Finn and will strive to keep it that way with the right attitude, a smile on my face, and the urge to overcome strong!

1 Comments:

Blogger Mama Mouse said...

OH DEAR!! I see what you mean. Are you aware that you can delete the spam?

Look beneath the time on each comment ... there should be a picture of a trash can .... and that is what it IS! Click on it and you will be able to delete that comment. You can choose to delete it permanently (which will remove all traces of it) or you can just do the simple delete which will leave a message that you have deleted a comment.

Now to your POST!! I'm so glad you didn't have to do anything about those 3 crooks! Glad they are off and gone to Georgia!

I have OFTEN sat on my floor to clean things! LOL ... and I scoot too! Making things clean again is ALWAYS a pick me up!!

You can never know what a person might be jealous of. Perhaps she is jealous that you had a wonderful man to call husband ... or you have a lovely place to live where you can commune with nature ... or maybe she envies your independence (not understanding that you would willingly give it to her if you could have your husband back) ... and maybe there are a lot of different things she could be jealous of. If you had blue or green eyes I might be jealous, because I have brown ones and I HATE them! LOL

And maybe she is jealous because you are a wonderful person!! Don't fret about it ... you and I know its not important ... maybe she hasn't yet learned that lesson.

OH ... and I cleaned a bathroom today! Isn't that WONDERFUL!!! LOL

10:07 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home