Monday, August 08, 2005

Today was a good day

Been laughing for no real reason - it's just such a happy kind of day. Why? Because I no longer need to have attached to my body that heart monitor! Seems my problem has been stress - duh! Can't imagine why! Anyhoo, turned in the pesky electronic thingy with the wires and probes for another version of happy pill that is supposed to keep me stressless! Isn't medicine and all it offers just wonderful?!?

Saw an old and very dear friend today while in town. It was wonderful to see him and catch up on his latest news. He's selling his house and land here, is now living in Mississippi, has a cute girlfriend 12 years younger than him, and is soon going to get married. Couldn't happen to a nicer fella and I'm happy for him. Since his wife passed away eight years ago, he's been a shell of his former self. His new love has put a sparkle in his eyes and a spring in his step. Isn't love wonderful?!?

Finally finished a new embroidery design this afternoon - got it drawn and digitized. Will start stitching it out tomorrow to be sure it will meet my requirements to put on my website for sale. For some reason, this design dealt me fits - just couldn't get it right. Maybe being in such a good mood for reasons cited above had something to do with finally achieving my desired goal. Or, it might be that computer and digitizer both decided to work well together today. Isn't technology wonderful?!?

Yesterday proved to be a better day than I had originally thought it would be. Took some very good advice and only thought happy thoughts about "the frog." Made the day easier to bear and I actually managed to laugh out loud while thinking about my hubby (the frog) telling the story of Cinderalla in spoonerisms! As many times as I heard him recite that, I always ended up in fits of laughter because of facial expressions and voice inflections he would use. Isn't advice followed wonderful?!?

I'm going to be a great-grandmother two times soon. #1 Grandson's significant other is due in November and #2 Granddaughter is due sometime in March. That will be four great-grandkids! Isn't procreation wonderful?!?

On a serious note, I offer my condolences to the family of Peter Jennings. He was my favorite news anchor - a person I admired and would have liked very much to have met. It was very evident to me, as an avid viewer, he loved his job. I will miss him.

2 Comments:

Blogger Wes said...

Just thought I would stop by from Houston TX and let you know all is going well. I miss my girl and I am looking forward to coming home!

10:11 PM PDT  
Blogger Milt Bogs said...

Just popped in from Bogsville to see how you are doing. You seem to be doing just fine. I seem to have been right round the World three times today without leaving my seat.

10:29 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home