Thursday, July 28, 2005

Some Random Thoughts

I'm surprised at how much less my telephone is ringing these days. It almost seems as if being less than my best where my health is concerned, I'm now on the gone and forgotten list. E-mails have fallen off drastically, as well.

Must add, though, one friend has been faithful to call regularly to check on me and to report progress on his "journey of happiness." It's always a delight to talk to him and he makes me feel a part of his life.

Miss Freckles has not been happy with my cane at all! Apparently she believed it to be less than desirable to her and she nipped at it as I limped through the house while using it. While I was brushing her yesterday, I rubbed the dead fur the brush removed from her all over my cane. Today, as I made use of my wonderful extra tool, she made no effort to come near the cane or my feet. I amaze myself sometimes!

Fella who dumped me because of being a "sicky" contacted me yesterday! Sent me an e-mail to apologize for being such a P---K! (His word, not mine) Not sure what to make of it all, but am very wary. Alert, Alert antennae are up and working overtime!

A grand-daughter is getting married in October in Gatlinburg. Received my invitation in the mail yesterday. Hope I will be fit enough to attend - have wanted to go to Gatlinburg ever since moving to the South many moons ago. Of course, will enjoy the wedding, too! Somehow that just didn't come out quite right!

Fell off the "no smoking" wagon BIG TIME - but, back on it again. Nerves were completely shattered and could not resist buying a pack. They were smoked up a week ago - and the urge is still as strong as ever to have a smoke!! Will it never get better?



2 Comments:

Blogger Jason Vaughn said...

U may be one of my favorite bloggers.

11:42 PM PDT  
Blogger Wes said...

You know you can always count on me. I treasure our talks and consider you one of my closest friends. You have touched my life and you will always be in my heart.

10:27 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home