Sunday, July 31, 2005

An extraordinary day

Because I was suffering from a severe bout of cabin fever, I just had to get out of the house for a while today. And, I'd compiled a small list of groceries I needed. Perfect reason for me get the car out of the garage and make the soujourn to the local Wally World!

Naturally, the items on my list ranged from one side and end of the store to the other! Walking with my cane is tricky enough - but leaning on a carriage for support is much more difficult for me (as I learned today). Learning how to pick up things and place them in the carriage without causing myself bodily harm was quite an experience also. Checking out wasn't a problem, because the cashier very nicely put only a couple of items in each bag and then placed the bags in the carriage for me to push outside to my car. That was appreciated, but I couldn't help but wish she were going home with me to lug and tote and put away!

Getting the bags into the car was a trip - but a very nice young man helped me. I'm always amazed at the kindness of others toward me! However, upon arriving home, it took me what seemed like an inordinate amount of time to get the bags into the house and then put the stuff away! Won't go by myself again until I'm better, of that I'm sure!

My embroidery designs aren't selling like I thought they would and my budget is so tight my butt squeaks when I walk! So, sent up a silent prayer this morning for financial help.

Shortly after lunch time, I got a call to teach digitizing classes for four ladies I met when I made a presentation at their sewing club earlier this month. And, a few minutes ago a dear friend of mine called to ask me if I'd like to work for her and her husband on a part-time basis (probably wouldn't have to work more than 4 - 8 hours per week) keeping their books for them.

How cool is it to receive an answer to prayer so quickly? Still have goose bumps as big as golf balls all over my body!!!




3 Comments:

Blogger Mama Mouse said...

Oh I'm SOOO happy for you! Truly!!

I had a prayer answered like that once ... and the speed of it was so quick that it had me sobbing! I had been waiting for a phone call from a possibly missing son of mine ... and no sooner than I finished the prayer (literally) the phone rang and it was him. I was sobbing so hard I couldn't even talk!

Goose bumps for sure! God is willing to show us His might ... all we have to do is listen!

I hope you are able to have a less squeaky bottom now! LOL

BTW .... I understand about shopping and canes and problems! I have them too! It isn't easy!

3:36 AM PDT  
Blogger Mama Mouse said...

Hi again ... I've posted your interview questions over on my blog. You can retrieve them now! ;-)

9:48 PM PDT  
Blogger Milt Bogs said...

How are the goose bumps?

4:54 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home