Wednesday, August 03, 2005

I've Been "MeMe'd"

Mama Mouse "meme'd" me! I goofed up and responded by commenting on her blogsite - wrong! (Forgive my stuipidity Mama!)

Questions asked:

1. What is your happiest memory of your husband?

A few minutes before he suddenly died, he patted my knee and said "I'm so glad you are my wife."

2. What is your favorite childhood memory?

My grandmother (my mother's mother) standing at her wood stove cooking and my reaching into her apron pocket for a peppermint stick. I always felt safe, happy, and loved in her presence.

3. How do you relax and de-stress?

Usually one of 3 ways: take a long and luxurious bubble bath, create a new embroidery design, or read the Bible (not necessarily in that order).

4. What relative from your childhood was your favorite? My grandmother (cited above). If it weren't for her, I wouldn't be alive today.

5. What is your favorite meal to cook?

Weiner Schnitzel, German potato Salad, and German chocolate pie. I'm not German, but love this meal!

This was a fun project, Mama Mouse!

3 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Ooh, I love Mama Mouse's blog! And sometimes memes are fun.

8:20 AM PDT  
Blogger Mama Mouse said...

No problem!! I did the same thing. Thanks for participating!

5:09 PM PDT  
Blogger Doris said...

Hi Mickey Finn - just hopped over to you via Mama Mouse. I've read bits of your blog before on Blog Explosion :-)

I just wanted to say how touching it was to hear about your husband and what he said shortly before he died. That is so beautiful and so emotional. How lovely he was able to say that and for you to hear it. (((Hugs)))

4:36 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home