Tuesday, August 02, 2005

It's not always nice to dream

I had the most impossibly horrible dream last night. As a result, I've been more than slightly disturbed by it most of the day.

I dreamed a heavy knocking began at my front door while I was asleep. Miss Freckles was frantically barking and making every effort to get through the door to whomever was making all that racket.

In my dream, as if in slow motion, I arose from my bed, grabbed the "special" baseball bat that remains in a prominent place, and headed for the living room. I turned on the lamp by the sofa and unlocked the door - all the while demanding "Who is it?"

Positioning the bat for a hearty swing, I opened the door. There, on the front porch peering in the screen/storm door, was standing my grinning and very alive deceased husband! In a complete panic, I yelled at him "Where have you been? Why have you pretended to be dead all this time? Why did you leave me all alone?"

That's when I awoke in a state of complete terror.

I have wild and weird dreams sometimes, but nothing like this one ever! Have no idea where it came from or what it means. I've felt very disjointed and disturbed by this dream all day - found myself looking out the window or opening the front door continuously and scared of what I might or might not see!

The men in the white coats are coming for me soon, I'm sure! Hope I never have this dream again!

1 Comments:

Blogger Mama Mouse said...

Dreams carry messages ... they can carry them from our deceased loved ones and they can be actual visits from them too.

Before I got further than the heavy knocking on the door in your post ... I knew WHO it was. I knew WHY he was there. It is nothing to be frightened of ... it was a gift. He came to see you ... to let you know he is fine.

You have much pent up anger ... and that is normal. There are many stages to grieving and anger is one of them.

The next time you see him in a dream do not be frightened ... hug him instead and feel his arms around you. That is the comfort you need.

He IS there waiting to give you that hug ....

He was grinning in that dream ... he was happy ... he wants YOU to be happy. You WILL be reunited one day ... of that be SURE!

HUGS! Scary dreams sometimes are only dreams we don't understand.

5:29 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home