Friday, August 12, 2005

Down, but not out YET

Haven't been here for a couple of days. Pain was inordinately bad and can't take morphine. Now on some kind of synthetic stuff that shouldn't cause a reaction and it seems to be doing its work - very well!

Went to a meeting last night - felt like it had been a year since seeing everyone. Showing up in uniform without boots was a hoot - luckily I have some black suede work shoes that didn't clash too much with my BDU. 1SG would have had a cow if I had worn my white tennis shoes! LOL

Went out for a bite with everyone after the meeting. Oh, how I've missed being around people who laugh. Story-telling time had me nearly falling off my chair because I laughed so hard and so much. Good therapy for me, though.

Gazoodles of paperwork today - nearly all done. Awaiting information from e-mails I sent out and messages I left on answering machines for finalization.

Received praise for my work last night - gave me the big head! Have to go through a door sideways!

Was I surprised to see a new member last night who was also using a cane - just like mine! I think I've got it bad - I at least (hopefully) will get better. There's always a silver lining to those dark clouds that appear in our lives.

Don't think I'd better participate - even though I have been ordered to not leave my car - tonight during the Midnight Run. Went to the store a few minutes ago to get some milk and bread and discovered I REALLY did overdo last night. I will have to curb my desire to participate in the future, no matter how GOOD I may feel. It appears the doctor really does know what is best (durn it!).

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Doctors. Sometimes they know best. Other times they just want to make you eat jello until you puke.

3:23 PM PDT  
Blogger Mama Mouse said...

Mybe your body just wasn't used to all the laughing and movement .. just like a person who doesn't excercise feels when they suddenly DO exercise! Maybe the more you do it the better you'll feel!

Laughing is good for you ... and so is activity. At least you had fun for one evening ... be careful, but try to do that more often!

Glad you had a nice evening out!!

3:57 PM PDT  
Blogger Milt Bogs said...

That's really good news about the heart monitor. You've just got to get the bones healed now. Rifle fire is plenty loud enough to start ringing in the ears. Did you ever do any of that?

12:50 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home