Thursday, December 08, 2005

To those who are offended - Phhfft!

I've about had it. And, I hope there are others out there who feel the same way. Telling me that saying "Merry Christmas" is wrong is like telling me not to say "Hello" when I answer my telephone!

Who are they and what is the deal with people who say they are offended by a sign stating Merry Christmas or hearing someone wish Merry Christmas to others? What planet are they from, will someone please tell me? I have Jewish friends who wish me Merry Christmas and I wish them Happy Channakuh (pardon the spelling, please). I have a couple of Muslim friends who don't hesitate to tell me Merry Christmas - and I even know some folks who claim to be atheists who have never backed down from wishing me and others a Merry Christmas.

Why should I refrain from wishing friends and family Merry Christmas because some jerk claims to be offended by it? Hmm, seems that something is badly akimbo here! This old gal isn't going to stop saying Merry Christmas, I definitely won't stop praying, and I will continue to include the words "Under God" in the Pledge of Allegiance! Are you offended? If so, I feel sorry for you because you are the one with a problem, not me!

Micky Finn has spouted off!

1 Comments:

Blogger Milt Bogs said...

Merry Christmas M_F.

Here we are being encouraged to offer season's greetings and to celebrate the Festive Season.

I don't think 'Happy Festive Season' will catch on somehow.

11:57 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home