Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Can't be nearly Christmas already!

Thanksgiving has come and gone - where the heck did October go, would someone please tell me?! For Pete's sake, it was day before yesterday when we all were celebrating the 4th of July! Now it's the Christmas season, with winter promising lots of cold and yucky (a technical term) weather for the next few months, creeping up at a fast gallop! Gosh golly gee, what have I done with this entire year?

Decided to stay on with my part-time job. Had a long, long, long talk with the boss man - waited until he had taken his proper medicine at the proper time before I did it, though! My Momma didn't raise any fools - but then, she didn't have no kids what lived, neither! LOL

He will stay out of my way when I am working - will not even make an appearance at the office if he knows I am there. He only gets this one chance, you understand! At my age, I certainly don't intend to take filthy language and obscene gestures while at work - or any place else, either! He was kind enough, though, to say a nice "Thank You" for the $30,000.00 I rescued for him and his company for the month of October!

It's cold in the Heart of Dixie! Had to leave water dripping rather rapidly last night to prevent pipes from freezing - have to do the same tonight, it appears from the weather forecast. Might even have some icing and possible snow showers on Thursday. I'd love to see a couple of feet of snow during the winter - the entire state would be shut down if that were to happen. I remember in March of 1993 we got a HUGE snowstorm (for this part of the country, anyway) and I was snowed in here at my home for six days. Loved every minute of it, but locals were not very happy with the situation at all. There's something very special about the quietness that snow on the ground brings to the country side. And, it's fun to see all the tracks of the "critters" who seem to like to roam around my property.

Pecan trees are producing quite a nice crop this year - wish I could stay ahead of the squirrels, crows, racoons, possums, turkeys, and deer that are thoroughly enjoying the harvest, though! They've gotta eat, too, and it's delightful to watch out the front window as they munch and crunch away! Besides, I've got all I will want to use and have given away many bags full - let the critters enjoy, is what I say!

Going to a Christmas party on Saturday evening. It's the ASDF Company D Christmas party, which should be lots of fun. We are going to do the "dirty Santa" with the present exchange, which usually is good for lots of laughs! Looking forward to the night out.

Can't believe how long it's been since I've posted. Haven't really had anything worthwhile about which to write, and when I've thought of something I thought might be of interest, it's usually so late at night that the eyeballs won't cooperate by staying open! Aw shucks, I might just as well admit to being an old hag and get it over with!

Micky Finn has spouted off!

2 Comments:

Blogger Patty said...

Micky,
Good to see you back. Never feel like you don't have something to say. If nothing else, just jot down a line or two for yourself to go back and read later. Like you would your daily journal.

Myself I could never seem to keep a journal going after about the first week. Blogging I do a little better, and I really enjoy reading others. Only thing is, I am getting so many I like to stop back and read, it takes half a day to get it done.

So on days I don't get it all accomplished due to household chores, or my part time job, then I see if anything is good on TV, if not, I come and check out the blogs in the evening.

I know you and Mama Mouse use to correspond back and forth. Do you have her home address? In one of her blogs, she mentioned she was stopping until she got her health problems under control and if anyone wanted it to e-mail her. I did, I have it and I can e-mail to you if you are interested.

Yes this year has gone by very quickly. We all turned another year older, our kids and grandkids did also. Celebrated our 50th. wedding anniversary. Just a busy year. I use to wonder what older people did with all their time, but I find I don't have enough time in each day.

Well you take care, don't let the holidays get you down. Enjoy the peace and quiet of your home and all the outdoor critters.

Your blogging buddy,
Patty

8:25 AM PST  
Blogger Milt Bogs said...

Glad to hear you got the work situation sorted out to your satisfaction.

Loved the bit about the quietness that snow on the ground brings.

Enjoy the party on Saturday.

11:51 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home