Saturday, November 19, 2005

HELP!

If I've ever wondered what it would be like to work for someone with A D D, is Bi-Polar, has high blood pressure, is diabetic, morbidly obese, and knows everything about everything - well, now I know what it is like. I've known the boss man and boss lady for nearly 30 years and have always worked closely with her. Never had to work with him before - no matter what work I was doing!

Worked three days this week - had much to do! Boss man showed up yesterday with an ATTITUDE as a result of taking wrong medications at wrong time of day, even though his wife patiently fixed his daily dosages into little pill boxes labeled a.m. and p.m.! He took a.m. at night and p.m. in the morning - upsetting his little apple cart BIG TIME. (Wonder if he has a reading problem, too?) I've been cussed at by experts, but this man yesterday threw words at me I would never have believed existed, much less would be said by this man to me - in front of two of his daughters, his wife, and a vendor!

Now, I'm known to have LOTS of patience and some measure of understanding and compassion. However, I'd just saved the company nearly $30,000.00 and wasn't expected to be told "You are an imcompetent ass, a worthless c--t, and probably have the intelligence of a dumb-ass prosititute on drugs," along with many other even more vile invectives! The vendor was there to deliver a check for the funds I had found the company had been underpaid for loads of coal delivered in October, mind you. This dumb-struck gentleman handed the check to ME, and asked "You aren't going to stand there and take that are you, Ma'am?"

Gazillions of things came to my mind to say, but I am very proud of what I DID DO. I calmly handed the check to my boss man, said "Happy Thanksgiving," gathered my purse and jacket and left the premises before anyone could see my tears and without saying another word. Don't think I wasn't one angry old gal - I was absolutely livid, When I get crying mad, I'm usually very dangerous to be around. (Thankfully I had already been given my paycheck by the boss lady!)

Needless to say, it didn't take me very long to drive that 21.8 miles home! Phew, it's a wonder I didn't get pulled over and ticketed, 'cuz I more than broke the speed limit - I know I shattered it!

She (the boss lady) called me last night to apologize for her husband's actions. Can you believe it? She wasn't the one who acted in an inappropriate manner - her husband was! She begged me to not quit working for them. Maybe I'm being hard-nosed about this, but I believe an apology is due me from HIM! And, I told her exactly that!

She said (and I quote exactly) "H E L L (she spelled it because she won't even say the word) will freeze over before he will do that." My response was "I absolutely refuse to work when he is going to be around because I won't be responsible for what I might say to him." He (the boss man) apparently told her to apologize FOR HIM and to tell me thank you for working so hard to recover the funds he received yesterday. Yeah, right! Like that makes it all better! NOT!

I've been assured I won't EVER have to be in his presence again. So, I'm in a quandary and would like some advice from whomever may read this posting. What do I do? Do I continue working there or not?

Mickey Finn has blasted off!

3 Comments:

Blogger Patty said...

Mickey,

If you honestly, truly need the job, YES, go back, BUT only if HE STAYS OUT OF OFFICE. And tell the boss lady, should HE show up, YOU will LEAVE the office until he does one of two things, leaves or apologizes.

I can't imagine anyone talking like that to someone. But perhaps I have led a sheltered life.

Good luck, pray hard on it, I'm sure you will make the right decision.

Patty

4:06 PM PST  
Blogger Milt Bogs said...

Sounds totally inexcusable to me m_f but I guess it depends entirely on how you get on with boss lady and whether anything else is available in the area.

$30,000.00 certainly sounds like they need you.

3:18 AM PST  
Blogger Patty said...

Good Morning Mickey,
Are you OK? Haven't heard anything from you in a while. Last time you were having work problems, hope they got all ironed out and everything is fine now.

Mama Mouse is off line for a while her husband e-mailed me and said her diabetes is out of control and she has to get everything under control, especially the problem she's been having with her eyes.

Take care and have a wonderful week-end.
Patty

8:25 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home