Thursday, July 07, 2005

What else can happen?

Okay, I know I shouldn't be, but now I'm just a tad on the frightened side. Had a couple of "spells" recently - nearly fainted twice within the past week - my heart has quite often been racing for no reason, and my left arm and hand have gone sorta kinda numb. Because I'm a worry wart, went to the doctor today.

As the result of many tests, I have to go the the nearby base and get a heart monitor to wear 24/7 for 30 days. Seems the doc is worried I may have had a "mild" heart attack. Is there really such a thing as a mild heart attack?? Anyhoo, have to call a certain phone number, and let whomever is on the other end listen to whatever the monitor has recorded for 24 hours. And, there's a medication I have to take to remain calm, serene, and otherwise unruffled so the readings on the infernal monitor won't be affected.

When the doctor asked with what activities I am involved, I told him computers, embroidery designs, blogging (he knew what that was surprisingly) and the ASDF. Had to explain what that is! He recommended I refrain from participation in ASDF until .... well, seems after the 30 days of wearing heart monitor I may very well be a candidate for surgery! That little bit of news surely made my day, believe me.

Now I have to follow the chain of command and inform at least 3 people in the ASDF of my predicament. Looks like I gotta resign and don't know how to tell them. Guess I could just cut and paste this blog and send it to them in an e-mail, huh? No? You're right!

Feel like my legs have been cut out from under me. But, must really work of being positive. Maybe the time with my son and family will help. Not really sure I want to go now, though. What to do, what to do?!? Was thinking about throwing a pity party - wanna come? Never mind! I will not fall into the "oh poor me" trap - I shalll overcome this trepidation and forge ahead. Got a lot of things I still wanna do!

1 Comments:

Blogger Wes said...

You will overcome this! That's an order! You are always in my prayers!

I love you dearly and anything I can do to help, please, do not hesitate to ask.

Wes

8:08 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home