Wednesday, June 29, 2005

"There's nothing to fear but fear itself."

O M G - today has been the best day I've had in many moons! We both arrived about 30 minutes early at a local eatery (not that either one of us was anxious or anything like that you understand!). He pulled in about 3 minutes after I did on his motorcycle. I walked to the corner of the building and watched him remove his helmet and fix his hair before he noticed me standing there, leaning against the wall, and grinning like a cheshire cat! Inauspicious beginning, right? But, gave us something to laugh about right off the bat!

Thought we might have to pay rent because we sat there in that booth chattering like magpies for what seemed to be a few minutes, but turned out to be a couple of hours. Drank coffee and talked, talked, talked, and then talked some more!

Went from there - he on his motorcycle and me in my car - to a local park where we sat at a picnic table and talked some more. It's as if I've known him all my life. He stated, "Didn't we go to different schools together?" We were there, in all that heat and humidity, talking about anything and everything for four more hours - getting to know each other!

What a gentleman - as well as a gentle man - he is. We are both from the same school of old fashioned beliefs, mores, and norms. Talk about having "stuff" in common! It's scary how much we have in common - our lives may have taken different directions, but the manner in which we traveled those paths parallel and are nearly mirror images of each other.

The best part of the day was that I felt NO pressure to be anyone other than myself with him - and I do believe that he felt the same way. Would you believe he's already told his sister about me? Is that cool or what?

And, we kissed! Yepper, we did. All I will say about that is WOW!

We plan to see each other again soon!

2 Comments:

Blogger Irishcoda said...

:) I am so happy for you! I was hoping that you would have a pleasant time and this is on beyond pleasant. I remember my first date with both my guys ... hours and hours talking and talking! Good for you!

7:27 PM PDT  
Blogger Wes said...

That is great, I am so happy for you. You are such a great person and friend, you deserve the best!

Who knows, maybe in a couple of months we could double date.

If he does you wrong, you let me know and I'll break his hip!

Me

6:29 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home