Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Is it Wednesday yet?

Couldn't sleep last night - attempted 3 different times to crash and each time had a case of the "wide eye." The History Channel didn't make me sleepy, either! Sometime after 3:00 a.m., as I curled up on the couch with my favorite quilt, I drifted off.

My brain is on over-load! My life may very well become tilted off its normal axis. Had a case of goose bumps as large as golf balls and weak-kneed trembles during a telephone conversation which lasted way past the witching hour of midnight! Now, I find myself thinking, "Will Wednesday never get here?"

This usually very conservative, ultra careful, highly suspicious, and quite cynical old gal finds herself throwing caution to the wind. Who was it that coined the phrase "Life begins at 40?" Maybe a new life can begin at almost 68? Trying awfully hard to remain completely sensible, but the wall of pessimism behind which I've existed for many years is severely crumbling into dust.

Is it Wednesday yet?

2 Comments:

Blogger Irishcoda said...

Just a few more hours :)

I hope things go nicely and that you enjoy yourself :)

4:28 PM PDT  
Blogger Milt Bogs said...

Back in the days when I was still a 40 something, my doctor tactfully exploded the myth that "life begins at 40".

2:13 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home