Monday, June 27, 2005

A Cowardly Lion am I

Isn't life wonderful !

I believe it was Yogi Berra who said "If you come to a fork in the road, take it." There's a fork in the road of life ahead of me, and I'm just gonna have to take it!

Don't know how it happened, but I've got a date with a very nice gentleman on Wednesday. Well, maybe date is rather a strong word. Actually, I am going to meet this very nice gentleman for the first time at a very public place on Wednesday for a cup of coffee and a chat!

He's rather attractive, very intelligent, a Yankee originally, and he's a singer, for goodness sake! Haven't heard him sing, but his speaking voice is delightfully pleasant.

I must admit I'm scared to death while being very excited about meeting him. I know, scared and excited don't usually belong in the same sentence. What can I say - at this late stage of my life stirred emotions are wonderfully exhilerating. It's been a long time since I've been giddy!

Nothing may come of it - he might not like me when he actually sees and talks to me. I'm far from being a "looker," but I'd lot rather be smart than beautiful anyway! Yeah, right!

I've got tonight and all day tomorrow to talk myself out of it. Been there, done that! Input from others would be helpful.

2 Comments:

Blogger Irishcoda said...

Don't talk yourself out of it, please! I hope you have a good time! And you're meeting him in a public place, he's not picking you up right? So you'll be safe and if you don't hit it off, no harm to anyone. Once you go out one time, you'll feel more comfortable with it the next even if you two don't hit it off! :)

5:47 PM PDT  
Blogger Wes said...

Great News! Good luck and make me proud!

9:52 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home