Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Anyone who knows me can verify yours truly is far from being "Dear Abby." However, I have some friends (former college mates) who seem to think I've got ALL the answers to their problems. Little do they know I can barely handle my own problems, let alone solve them!

Received 4 different phone calls today for advice - from "how do I get my room mate to move out" to "if I go away with Sam for the weekend, what do I tell my father" (she's 31 and lives with her Dad)? This old-fashioned, conservative, and highly opinionated old broad hates to give advice - and nobody ever wants an honest opinion these days!

To be completely honest, I believe I was tuned in to the ringing in my ears (which seems to be getting worse these days) and thus a lot of babble was filtered and totally blogged out! That was probably a very good thing - not the ringing in my ears! Pay attention, will ya!

I gave no advice and offered very little in the form of opinion because they really didn't want to listen to anything I had to say - I was being used as an excuse to VENT their frustration, anger, pettiness, and otherwise spoiled brattiness! But, in my own defense, I did manage to insert an occasional "uh huh," "I see," and even interjected an "oh my goodness" at the appropriate moments when the complainant was forced to take a breath! Even received a nice "thank you" from each of the callers. How very polite of them!

Onward and upward! I made a request from the crazy group that made me laugh and have a good time last night - don't believe they thought I was serious about finding me a man. Only prerequisites are he must be breathing (that would be beneficial to him for sure), must be between the age of 60 and 80 (would really prefer a 30 something, but wouldn't know how to handle him!), must take me out for an occasional dinner or call me just to talk, and he shouldn't have more than two hands!!! I'll leave it to you to interpret that!

Of course, I have more requirements, but then a guy would think I might want to run away somewhere for romantic getaways or even to get married! I may be crazy, but not insane quite yet!

Someone once said (wish I could remember who) that a true test of whether you can get along with others is to live alone. If you can stand to be with yourself, you can stand to be with practically anyone! Hmm, there are days that I don't like myself very much because I'm with myself so durned much! I used to think alone wasn't so bad, but have learned that alone is a horrible status to maintain - both mentally and physically.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home