Saturday, June 18, 2005

Not really sure I should do this!

Oftentimes, people will use the term "golden years" to describe the life-style of people who are of retirement age or above!

I'd like to know - who came up with that totally nondescript title for my life as it is today? Must have been someone with the mentality of a flitting flea who hadn't yet reached puberty!

Golden years my fanny! My golden years took place when I was young and had plenty of spunk!

Now, don't misunderstand me. I'm mighty glad to be alive and kicking (although not as high as I'd like to be able to kick), and am very proud that I still have some remaining mental prowess.

Being a widow is one of the hardest things I've ever done - it's a lonely road upon which I'm walking these days, through no fault of mine. Maybe life would be more "golden" if there were someone with whom I could share the remainder of my life.

Everyone ASSUMES that because I've always been a very independent person, capable of taking care of everything and everyone, that I should be able to continue thusly. Old age is not all that much fun unless it's happening to someone else, don'tcha know. Health deteriorates, ability to do things that used to come easy is no longer present, and food doesn't taste good when eaten without someone to talk with.

This widow's walk is a place wherein I hope to be able to vent my feelings, tell about some wonderful, funny, and tragic things that have happened in my life, and maybe - just maybe - someone out there will post an occasional message to me to lift my spirits or give me a quick verbal kick in the rear.

5 Comments:

Blogger Wes said...

Good on you! You know I will help you anyway I can!

6:01 PM PDT  
Blogger Wes said...

Remember, it takes a while before the people start following your blog. Surf around and join blog explosion. Then start listing your blog on directories and all of the sudden you are surrounded with new friend.. Take a minute to look at the newest posts and comments on my site.

6:04 PM PDT  
Blogger mickey_finn said...

cpt - I joined blog explosion. Don't know what I'm supposed to do now, but will play it by ear, I guess. Thanks for blogging me!

7:05 PM PDT  
Blogger Irishcoda said...

Hi, I followed a link back to your blog from a comment and I came back to the beginning to read. I was widowed, my first husband died in 2001 and I still miss him, still think of him. I am remarried and he is a wonderful man. It's just really different...hard to explain, it's like being 2 people in 1 I guess. Thanks for commenting on Imacoda and I bookmarked your blog so I could come back & visit

8:03 PM PDT  
Blogger mickey_finn said...

Hi, Irish! Didn't notice your posting until a few minutes ago. Looked at your profile and we appear to have quite a bit in common. Please, post on my site any time you wish. When I learn how, I will blockmark your site, too!
I understand about how "it's different."

12:18 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home