Tuesday, June 21, 2005

I just gotta get out more often

If you ever get to feeling as if you were a mushroom - always kept in the dark - just get together with a bunch of young folks. Gosh golly gee, then you will know your life is compatable with the lowliest fungi on the planet because everyone talks at the same time, nobody really listens to anyone, but everyone laughs at the appropriate time and place! How do they do that?

But, once I caught up, I began to join in and found myself having a terrific time. My jaws hurt and I've discovered I really do still have some muscle tone to my stomach because it aches from laughing at the hijinx! Plus, I became educated in many and varied subjects.

These guys and gals are cool (is it still cool to say cool?) and fun to be with.

I don't get out very much anymore. Don't really know why other than the fact I find it difficult to go anywhere by myself. I seem to be perfectly happy staying at home for days on end. Won't go to the grocery store until I absolutely have to get feed for the dog, or a few things for me to eat. It's rather challenging to meet new people when I don't make the effort to go or do, right? Right! I'll give that some thought and see if this old bird can or will alter her life style slightly.

Found the below earlier today and thought someone might get a kick out of one or all of them.

You have two choices in life: You can stay single and be miserable, or get married and wish you were dead.

At a cocktail party, one woman said to another,"Aren't you wearing your wedding ring on the wrong finger?""Yes, I am. I married the wrong man."

When a woman steals your husband, there is no better revenge than to let her keep him.

Marriage is the triumph of imagination over intelligence.

1 Comments:

Blogger Wes said...

I laughed out loud when I read about us all talking at once then everyone laughing on cue, I'm not sure how we do it.. I was so preoccupied last night. But I had a great time, and I really have missed all of you.....well not all but you know what I mean.

6:38 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home