Monday, July 04, 2005

Mish Mosh of thoughts

Hard to believe the year 2005 is over half gone already. I had just gotten used to using and writing 2004 when paying my bills! My usual comment to folks on the 4th of July is, "You'd better get your Christmas shopping done, because it will be here day after tomorrow." How is it that time gets away from us so quickly these days? Are we really that much busier than we used to be? Or, do we lack the ability to "manage" our time successfully? Does our age contribute to the speed with which time hastens along? Oh my, it's much too early in the morning for me to tackle this momentous problem!

It's been a busy weekend. Recruiting drive at the lake, where the temperature and humidity have been energy sapping. Acting commander had a heart attack and is in hospital - awaiting report from his wife to learn his prognosis. A few incidents occurred which plummeted everyone's morale - including mine. Nothing that can't be handled in the appropriate manner, though.

Received an apology about comment concerning "what will be done to me in bed." Accepted the apology, but am rather on the wary side now. Probably shouldn't be, huh? He will try to come to last day of recruiting drive to see me and be introduced around - but won't really look for him to do so.

While sipping on my first cup of coffee, I've been musing about how fortunate I am to have been born in America.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home