Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Hard Headed?

First of all, I'd like to say a heartfelt Good Morning to Patty and Milt...both of whom have inquired as to my wellbeing! Blogging hasn't been high on my list or priorities lately as I've been otherwise occupied, as below will attest! Again, thank you Patty and Milt for your concern.

Life had been very quiet and uneventful for me for quite a while...nothing much going on and therefore nothing about which I felt any urgent desire to report! However, things took a slightly nasty turn for me, as well as for another party (whom I neither know nor could identify).

After parking my car at a hobby shop, which is quite a distance from home, I was walking toward the store when I felt excrutiating pain on my head and all went black! I awoke in an ambulance, terrified at this sudden turn of events, as I had no earthly idea why I was being poked, prodded, and otherwise attended to by total strangers. The noise of the siren was very hurtful and that's all upon which I seemed to be able to concentrate.

It appears that I was struck from behind with what I later referred to as a "Sherman Tank" by someone who wanted my purse more than me! As usual, I had the strap of my purse over my shoulder and my purse tucked tightly under my arm. But, my cash was in my jeans pocket!

A young man, who happened to see all that occurred, came to my aid as down I went like a sack of potatoes! He, along with another man, apprehended my assailant as a young lady appeared in the mix and called 911. My knight in shining armor appeared at the emergency room at hospital to make sure I was okay. He is the one who informed me as to all that had happened.

I suffered a severe concussion, which I am sure you know makes a person want to sleep a lot! A dear friend of mine, whom I called for assistance with Miss Freckles and my car, made sure I didn't sleep for at least 12 hours after being admitted into a very sterile room in hospital! I hope I never have to play another game of checkers or gin rummy again!

Being as how I never saw the person who assaulted me, I could not testify against him (other than to relate what happened to me), but the eye witnesses were called and the end result is the young man who attempted to rob me is now in jail for 5 to 10 years! He didn't know that I always carry my purse for identifaction purposes (driver's license, proof of auto insurance, medicare card, etc.), but that any cash I may have is always tucked in one of my front pockets of my jeans! In fact, that day I had left my credit card at home so I would not be tempted to overspend!!

My head was very sore for quite a long time, making it difficult to comb or brush my hair. Washing my hair was also very touchy for some time! However, I am fine and dandy now...none the worse for all the trauma! Don't ever think that being hard-headed means very much when someone whacks you over the head! My friends have teased me about my hard-headedness for years, but now they realize my head is just as susceptible to injury as everyone else's!

When Mickey Finn goes out of town to shop, she will ALWAYS be sure someone is with her!

5 Comments:

Blogger Milt Bogs said...

That's a terrible experience you've had Mickey. I'm just glad to hear that you're feeling OK now.
It's good to know that there are still people around who will step in and help. It's also good to know that the bad guys still get caught and put away.

This shouldn't need a vase Mickey.

3:27 PM PDT  
Blogger Patty said...

Oh Mickey,
So glad it wasn't any worse then what it turned out to be. Very happy that person will be locked up for a while. You just never know when something like that will happen. Yes please take a friend along the next time. Happy recovery.
Patty

4:07 PM PDT  
Blogger Patty said...

Now how did Milt get that photo to show up when the blue line is clicked? Our one daughter has asked me, how can you get photos to show up in comments also how can you put a link in a comment, I told her I didn't know, but perhaps she could contact blogger and they can help her.

By the way, I have now received 11 of my 33 radiation treatments. Not quite half way through yet, but just a few more days and it will be half way.

4:10 PM PDT  
Blogger Patty said...

Happy Easter Mickey!

2:08 PM PDT  
Blogger Shelly said...

yHi. I really like your blog. Was wondering if you want to add it to my directory? Thanks Shelly

Weblog index

4:55 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home